Newcastle Art Gallery’s Youth Advisory Group are seeking contributions for their zine centred on the theme of connection during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We've been finding ourselves spending more time alone, but perhaps more connected than ever before. We experience times of anxiety and concern for the future, yet find joy in creating, lingering over a morning coffee or having a chuckle at a meme that perfectly sums it all up.
Artists are often the first creative respondents to a global crisis, as well as the first place people turn to for comfort and humor in times of need. How are you responding to this forced isolation?
Connections have never been more important - both to your loved ones and your wifi. We want to know what you’ve seen, heard, felt and what you want to remember from this time.
Send through your poems, artworks, memes, collages, photography and collaborations in any medium or genre. The Youth Advisory Group welcomes submissions by both emerging and established local artists of all ages and backgrounds. An optional artist statement may be submitted alongside your work however, it will not be published.
We hope this opportunity to be creative serves as a reminder that we may be more alone but that doesn’t mean we are lonely.
Submissions due: Friday 7th August COB
Submissions can be submitted via email to email@example.com
Novel Connections Submission Guidelines
1. All works must be A5 press quality PDF
2. Only submissions engaging with the topic ‘Novel Connections’ will be considered.
3. Submissions due no later than COB 7th August 2020
4. Works to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Submissions will undergo a selection process by the Youth Advisory Group, unfortunately we cannot publish all contributions.
Image Credit: Jessica Tobin and Kirralee Anne