Expressions of interest are sought from eligible candidates to be a member of the Newcastle Art Gallery Youth Reference Group.
The Cultural Strategy 2016-2019 notes the action to support development of artists and practitioners through mentoring and professional development placements. In particular, to establish a Newcastle Art Gallery Youth Reference Group comprising of tertiary students and emerging artists focussing on both practice and audience development.
Newcastle Art Gallery is seeking:
- New views, ideas and a youth perspective
- Young and early career artists and/or curators to participate in project based opportunities
- Better awareness and understanding in young markets and audiences of what the Gallery has and offers.
Newcastle Art Gallery Youth Reference Group members will gain:
- Knowledge and understanding of gallery operations
- Meaningful professional development with work/project based learning
- CV/resume item
- Networks, meet artists
- Communication skills
- Planning and implementation experience
Applicants must be:
- Aged between 18-30 years
- Enrolled full time in Fine Arts or Creative Industries related tertiary study or have graduated in one of these areas within the last five years
- Committed to developing a career in the Visual Arts
- Prepared to make a 12 month commitment.
Please ensure you have read the associated Newcastle Art Gallery Youth Reference Group Charter.
Deadline for expressions of interest:
The 2017 deadline for EOIs is midnight, Sunday 1 October 2017. Please click the black button below to go to an online form, where you can submit some information about yourself. You will need a current CV and a single document or hyperlink with supporting information about you, that shows us previous works of art, exhibitions curated or arts-related writing.
Fair Work Australia Fact Sheet on unpaid work experience
Lauren van Katwyk
Audience Development & Visitor Services Coordinator
Newcastle Art Gallery
P: 02 4974 5115